ADAPTING TO CORONAVIRUS
Health and safety first
Due to coronavirus (COVID-19) concerns, TRA is providing customer service only by phone and MyTRA secure messaging until further notice. We continue to work on innovative ways to serve our members during this challenging time, so keep checking this website for announcements.
IN-PERSON, INDIVIDUAL SESSIONS CANCELLED
To protect our members and staff, all previously scheduled individual appointments for our St. Paul, Mankato, St. Cloud and Duluth offices will be handled by phone. Walk-in appointments are discontinued; our lobby is closed. TRA staff will carry on normal retirement system business via telecommuting. Here’s how to reach us:
- Customer service representatives are available by phone as normal. Call 651-296-2409 or 1-800-657-3669 Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Central time).
- Set up a virtual counseling session via WebEx to hear and see the information being shared by your counselor in real time. You will need to install the WebEx app on your device. To request a virtual counseling session or learn how to get the WebEx app, reach out to us at 1-800-657-3669.
- Send us a secure message by logging in to your MyTRA account, Don’t have a MyTRA account? Register here.
- Click on the chat button on the lower right corner of this web page to chat with us.
- General questions may be directed to info@Minnesotatra.org. Please don’t include private data in your email—use the secure messaging tool by logging into your MyTRA account.
GROUP WORKSHOPS, EVENTS CANCELLED
All TRA-hosted group events in the Twin Cities area and Greater Minnesota have been cancelled until further notice. We are working on webinar capability and will follow up with more information when this option becomes available.
LOCK BOX AVAILABLE
The TRA lobby is closed. If you have a retirement application or other forms and documents to drop off, you can now simply insert the documents into a special TRA lock box on the first floor of our offices at 60 Empire Dr. in St. Paul. The lock box is available between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
BENEFIT PAYMENTS CONTINUE
There will be no disruption in the payment of benefits to our members. TRA benefit recipients will continue to receive payments as scheduled either through direct deposit/EFT or by paper check.
BOARD MEETING RESCHEDULED
The March meeting of the TRA Board of Trustees has been rescheduled for May 13, and the Audit Committee meeting rescheduled for May 12.
HOW TO STAY INFORMED
Follow TRA’s Twitter and Facebook accounts and check this website for further announcements. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping our community safe.