- For your counseling appointment– Use this guide to help you prepare for a retirement counseling appointment.
- Direct deposit form-Use this form to submit or update the direct deposit of your benefit payment.
- Last day of employment form-Use this form for you and your employer acknowledge the last day of employment.
- Power of attorney cover letter and form-Use these forms to submit power of attorney.
- Form W-4P IRS Withholding Certificate for Periodic Pension or Annuity Payments -Use this form to elect federal tax withholding from your annuity payment
- Form W-4MNP, Minnesota Withholding Certificate for Retirement Account, Pension, or Commercial Annuity Payments-Use this form to elect Minnesota state tax withholding from your annuity payment, refund or lump sum beneficiary payment
- Form W-4R IRS Withholding Certificate for Nonperiodic Payments and Eligible Rollover Distributions-Use this form to elect a change to the default federal withholding rate from your refund or lump sum beneficiary payment
For data privacy reasons, some forms are available only by logging into your myTRA account.
- Member Handbook of Benefits and Services-Use this handbook to understand all aspects of your TRA benefits throughout your career.
- Disability Coverage booklet-Use this booklet to understand the disability benefit and application process.
Disability benefit application-Use this form to apply for disability with TRA.
Medical examination report (print two copies)-Use this form to submit two medical forms for disability benefit application.
Release of medical information-Use this form to allow TRA to access your medical information when applying for TRA disability benefits.
Employer certification of service separation-Completed by your employer to acknowledge separation of service.
Direct deposit form-Use this form to submit or update the direct deposit of your benefit payment.
- Marriage Dissolution booklet-Use this booklet to guide you in the divorce process regarding your pension.
- Retirement Process Timeline-Use this timeline to understand what you need to do to apply for retirement with TRA.
- Pension basics for new teachers brochure-Use this brochure to get a first look and understanding of the TRA benefit.
- Glossary of terms-Use this glossary to understand terms related to your TRA benefit.
- TRA Retiree Statistics 2023-Statistical averages of all of our retirees each year.
- TRA fact sheet: Recruitment, Retention & Pensions-statistics and facts related to teacher recruitment and retention.
- Department of Education: Teacher Supply and Demand (2021)
- Economic impact of TRA pension income by MN county (2022)
- Economic impact of TRA pension income by legislative district (2023)
- Pensionomics 2023 (National Institute on Retirement Security)
- A Better Bang for the Buck (study: National Institute on Retirement Security)
- TRA Funding Policy