Virtual Group Workshops
The “Mid Career Webinar” is for mid-career teachers looking to find out more about TRA and what we offer. “Planning for Retirement” is just that. We will help you navigate the retirement process with TRA and answer any questions you may have. The webinars begin at 3:30 p.m. and will last approximately one hour.
You may register by calling or by logging in to your MyTRA online account. We hope to see you there!
Mid Career Webinar
(Dates coming soon)
Planning for Retirement
(Dates coming soon)
In-Person, Individual Sessions
To protect our members and staff, individual appointments for our St. Paul, Mankato, St. Cloud and Duluth offices will be handled by phone and WebEx. Walk-in appointments are discontinued; our lobbies are closed. TRA staff is carrying on normal retirement system business via telecommuting. Here’s how to reach us:
- Customer service representatives are available by phone as normal. Call 651-296-2409 or 1-800-657-3669 Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Central time).
- Set up a virtual counseling session via WebEx to hear and see the information being shared by your counselor in real time. You will need to install the WebEx app on your device. To request a virtual counseling session or learn how to get the WebEx app, reach out to us at 1-800-657-3669.
- Send us a secure message by logging in to your MyTRA account, Don’t have a MyTRA account? Register here.
- Click on the chat button on the lower right corner of this web page to chat with us.
- General questions may be directed to info@Minnesotatra.org. Please don’t include private data in your email—use the secure messaging tool by logging into your MyTRA account.
Lock Box Available
If you have a retirement application or other forms and documents to drop off, you can now simply insert the documents into a special TRA lock box on the first floor of our offices at 60 Empire Dr. in St. Paul. The lock box is available between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
Benefit Payments Continue
There will be no disruption in the payment of benefits to our members. TRA benefit recipients will continue to receive payments as scheduled either through direct deposit/EFT or by paper check.
How to Stay Informed
Follow TRA’s Twitter and Facebook accounts and check this website for further announcements. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping our community safe.
Beware Financial Entities Claiming Affiliation with TRA
TRA is not affiliated with, nor do we endorse, any commercial companies selling retirement savings products.
Occasionally, financial planning companies will use “TRA” in their advertising or presentation materials or otherwise imply that they represent TRA or can provide you with your personal TRA retirement information. However, if you receive any solicitations from third parties that appear to indicate that they have a connection with us, beware.
- TRA never grants permission for the use of our name or materials in any sales solicitations or presentations by financial planners or commercial entities. When we learn of the unauthorized use of our name or materials, we immediately contact the offender and advise them to modify their materials so that they in no way suggest that the information has been supplied, approved, sponsored or endorsed by us.
- TRA does not share your personal data with financial planners or firms. Your account data is confidential; we will provide it only to you or someone authorized by you, and only after we have verified your identity or your representative’s identity.
- TRA may only provide your name, gross benefit amount and benefit type to the public, according to Minnesota public data laws governing TRA.
If you ever receive a solicitation from a company offering to sell you financial services and claiming to have a connection with TRA or have access to your personal TRA data, first, be cautious. Second, call us at 800-657-3669.
Creating an Online Account
MyTRA: Your Online Account